Antioxidant Rich Smoothies
A light and refreshing way to cool off is with SMOOTHIES! What you put into your smoothie is important because, much like life, you get out what you put in. One of the many takeaways from smoothies is getting your antioxidants in.
Antioxidants are substances that:
- help prevent damage to cells from free radicals
- can reverse damage caused by oxidation
- have skin health benefits
- support the immune system
- help with heart, eye, memory, and mood problems.
Foods high in antioxidants include:
- dark green vegetables
- red berries
- grapes (might want to try seedless)
Antioxidant-rich foods also happen to contain vitamins and minerals! Win, win- right?
Yani, Dana and Warrior 1 Yoga